If you are missing teeth, Dr. Robert Cain will recommend dental implants because they are the more stable and natural solution. Dental implants are now a routine procedure and offer a 98% success rate. Dental implants are the closest restorations available to your natural teeth.
With modern advancements in dental technology dental implants are now more widely used than ever before for lasting and stable tooth replacements. The benefits of dental implants in our Knoxville, TN office compared to other treatments for missing teeth are extensive.
Why Choose East Tennessee Periodontics, LLC for Dental Implants?
Dr. Cain is a highly trained restorative dentist who has over 20 years of experience in providing comprehensive dental implant procedures in the Knoxville, TN area. He is highly experienced in the placement and treatment of dental implants for consistent and highly successful results.
Dental implants are best for patients who are missing a single tooth or several teeth. If you are missing an entire arch of teeth, Dr. Cain also offers All-On-Four dental implants. All-On-Four allows dentures and bridges to securely attach to the jaw bone, providing a stable, functional surface for their dentures or bridges.
At East Tennessee Periodontics, we offer complimentary dental implant consultations. There is no one right treatment for any oral health concern and each patient is treated on an individual basis.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Our dental implants provide a variety of advantages to patients with missing teeth:
- Patients can eat food without restrictions – There are dietary restrictions with other missing teeth options like dentures. With dental implants, there are no restrictions on what you can eat since they are durable, stable, and permanent.
- Dental implants are durable and can last a lifetime – Other options for missing teeth, such as dentures, will eventually need to be replaced or repaired. That cost can add up over a lifetime. When properly placed and cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- No need to damage healthy teeth to get dental implants – When getting a dental bridge, the surrounding healthy teeth require grinding down in order to provide a place to attach the bridge. Basically, you are damaging your healthy teeth in order to provide a replacement for the missing tooth. A dental implant is surgically placed only in spaces where the missing tooth is located leaving your healthy teeth alone.
- Helps avoid bone loss associated with tooth loss – If you’re missing a tooth or multiple teeth, that void can cause bone loss and deterioration in your jawbone. Knoxville, TN periodontist, Dr. Robert Cain will recommend dental implants because they are the only option for missing teeth that stimulates the jaw bone which helps stimulate bone growth. This will prevent bone loss.
- No more embarrassing social situations – Removable options, such as dentures, for missing teeth, oftentimes slip or do not fit correctly. The constant worry that your restoration may fall out while talking or eating is taxing. This leads to feeling uncomfortable in public or around other people. Dental implants are permanent and do not slip thus making speaking a lot easier. Learn more about dental implants vs. dentures.
- Improves the appearance of the smile and lower face – A face without teeth will appear sunken and can add years to your appearance. Dental implants help keep the natural shape of your face and lower jaw area.
- The closest thing to your natural teeth – A dental implant will look, feel, fit and function just like your natural teeth. They are strong and stable and truly the next best thing to your real teeth.